Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rango

As many of you now know, based on Jacob's facebook status, he won 2 free tickets to the movies. It was amazing to me that he was able to get through to a radio station let alone actually win the tickets! Let me tell you how the day at the movies went.....

Saturday morning... Jacob says "Amy I have a surprise for you today!! Its a big surprise and your not allowed to know about it." Ha Ha Ha :) So of course, for the rest of the day I kept asking and trying to pry the surprise out of him. Were we going bowling? Going out for dinner? Going shopping? But like always, he wouldn't tell me. We continued our original plans for the day: grocery shopping and studying until about 1ish. Then Jacob said "ok time to go...lets go." So we drove, and since we are new to the city I had NO idea where we were going, until we pulled into the a theater. The movies!! Jacob surprised me with a Saturday outing to see Rango!

Now, I had never been thrilled to see this movie but knew that Jacob had been wanting to see it since it came out. The commercials made it seem like a funny, kid kind of movie; when in reality it was not a kids movie. It was more like an animated adult movie. I was shocked that it was rated pg and couldn't imagine bringing our kids to see this movie. There came a point in the movie when Jacob and I almost got up and left because it was very adult and not funny.

Even though the movie wasn't great, it was sooo much fun to spend an afternoon at the movies with my hubby. We had a great time together and can't wait to win more free tickets!!

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Thanks for your comments about the movie. Joel has mentioned that he would like to see it also. Too bad the good movies are so few and far between!

Post a Comment