Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

2 Month Dr. Appointment

Alethea did GREAT at her doctors appointment. She only cried for an instant when she was given her vaccinations and spent the rest of the day sleeping. I was expecting to have a very fussy and cranky baby for the entire day and enlisted the help of Nana. Nana came along to the appointment with us and was a great help during the day. (for me) I anticipated that I would have a horrible time watching her gets shots. I heard from so many other parents that it was harder for them when their child got their shots then it was for their baby. I must say, that I am pretty proud of myself for not crying and handling her shots well. 

Waiting to get shots
Another part of her appointment that I was worried about was her weight. Since she was born, Alethea has being a tiny girl and had some trouble gaining weight. I have been weighing her at home, but wasn't sure if the weight I had would match the one at the doctors.  But we were quite surprised!



               Alethea's 2 month Measurements
                           Height: 21.75inches
                           Weight: 8.88 (8lbs 88ounces)
                           Head Circumference: 36.8cm

She is still a very little girl (I think around 10th percentile for weight) but is growing wonderfully! She gained almost 2lbs exactly in 3 weeks!! Its so weird for this mommy to see her so big! I am consistently telling people how big she is compared to when she was born, but she is still SO little (the size of most newborns).  She was around the 15th percentile for height (not long at all). So we will see if Alethea becomes as tall as her daddy, or short like her mommy. 

Sleeping on the way Home

No comments:

Post a Comment