Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Weeks in St. Louis

We have now lived in St. Louis for a month, well a month tomorrow. So much has changed in the past month and yet so much has not changed. Some things that Jacob and I have not changed in our life is family worship, attending church, fellowship with family, and cheering for our football teams. Although there are aspects of our life that have stayed the same, many have changed. Jacob is now a full time student at Covenant Theological Seminary (classes start this week), a new job for me in an actual company, a new area to navigate, church searching and learning a new routine. These have been changes that we anticipated for and were excited to happen. Now that these changes are happening, we are very thankful for them and what God has given us.


I have been very blessed to have a job that I LOVE. When I started applying for jobs in St. Louis, I half-heartly applied knowing I would KNOW the job I wanted when I saw it and hoped I would get it. I prayed that this would happen, but also knew that I needed to be applying to jobs I really didn't want as well. The goal was to obtain a job ASAP, and then if wanted I could continue searching for THAT ONE job. Through all my job searching I was only called in for 1 interview. I went to this interview and really liked the company and hoped to be hired. Two weeks later I called back to inquire about my first interview and was granted a second interview. This time I would be spending time in 3 different classrooms and meeting the teachers I would possibly work beside. Again, after this interview I knew that this was the job for me. I could envision myself working in 2 of these classrooms. I could picture me parking there and becoming a part of this community. At one point I was telling my mom "if you turn this way you will get to my work." Throughout the entire process I was praying that this would be the job God wanted me to have and if not that I would find work soon. I prayed CONSTANTLY that I would receive this position and that this was where God wanted me to be for the next 3 years. About a week later, I received a call from the company saying they would like to hire me and have me start in 2 days. I was thrilled!!!! I was hired to be the assistant teacher in the infant classroom at this daycare.  I get to work with babies (under 14 months) every day ALL day long!! This was definitively an answered prayer.

This week I began my 3rd week of work at this job and I still LOVE it. I get to spend the day caring for babies, and watching them grow. I have been given the gift of feeding, nurturing and teaching infants. In 3 weeks I have already seen so many accomplishments of these children; one has started rolling over, another put himself to sleep, and another has almost rolled over. I am so thankful that I am able to see these accomplishments everyday and praise God for them. I am so thankful for this job!

I just wanted to take some time to share with all of you our journey of finding a job and trusting God. We trusted God to provide employment and did not stress or worry about our future. We know that God is in control and will provide as needed, and he provided in HIS time exactly when we needed it most.

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment